Blog Archive

Visitation to The Penang Hill a.k.a Bukit Bendera





Penang Hill Funicular Train
This is the first time I visited the Penang Hill, as I remember when I was a kid, I did read this in the text book about the introduction of the Penang Hill.




modern train system
At first I know we need to use a train to go uphill, I tough it was a cable car, but I was a bit disappointed when I'm there, and notice it uses a cable train instead of a cable car. oh well, at least I don't have to climb all the way up.




train tunnel
So I uses the Penang Hill funicular train service to go up, and paid RM8 (round trip) for adults. The railway starts to construct at 1906, and had also undergo for upgrading after that.

From the trip up, it took around 5 minutes. The cable pulls the train all the way uphill, and the train did stop at the platform when going up. Is 833 above sea level on the very top.

Also there is a 5.1KM tarred road, is open for vehicles of hill residents, and for off-road motorcycle to travel up the steep terrain.

When on top of the hill, I can view almost the entire Penang Town. I can also see the famous Penang bridge. The weather up there is not as cold like when I'm at Kinabalu Park, Kota Kinabalu or Genting Highland. The view are block by haze that day, if not I'm able to capture good panoramic view of the Penang Town.




canon
There is a India temple, called the Thirumurugan temple, and also a mosque. Not just that, it also has a huge canon on top of the hill. Now this makes me curious, why do they need a canon on top of the hill back in the old days? and is only one, is that for decoration. If they were to use it as defence, that will not be much help...




the old train system
The old train used back in the old days are display on top of the hill, and i google it out, back in the old days, it takes half an hour for the train to reach to the top, that's slow.

I've record a video while going uphill, check my video out.



Cheers,
Wilson
chu chu.....chiko chiko chiko....chu chu.....

1 comment:

azzim said...

I like.. I lIke... thank you my friend