Blog Archive

Fish Market at Kota Kinabalu Sabah

This is Day#2 on my Sabah trip, and today we will be going to Kinabalu Park which is about 90KM from Kota Kinabalu town. And tonight we are going to have steamboat as dinner.


This is how the fish market looks like



Wake up at 6am, and reach the fish market before 7am. I seldom go to the fish market, don't like it there. Kerry is a big fan of seafood, so he's excited when we're there. He bought a lot of fish, clams, crab, squids, and prawns.

Is a busy market, and one thing that surprise me is that a lot of small kids are working here as well.


Pity when seeing kids working at the fish market here, they should be in school studying not here working.

I can't stand the fish smell, so I opt to wait outside the fish market, while my parent continue seafood shopping.

Basket of fish keep on loading into the market, it looks very scary on the amount of fishes they have here. And this is just a small part of it, as there is more still in the fishing boat.

What will happen to the ecosystem in the sea if they keep on catching this amount of fish? It worries me...


The fisherman must have work the whole night, and only can rest when reach shore.

No comments: