Camping Trip to Kampung Sting and Visit the Pe'an Waterfall at Bengoh Dam

This is the first time my wife and children follow me to go for a camping trip, and for this trip, I also bought a new 3 person tent from Decathlon, so in future, I can have more camping trip with my family. Let them enjoy nature together. 
Raining season is just around the corner, now almost every evening it rains. So I also prepare raincoat for my kid. 
And as predicted, it rains. My wife and I quickly put on the rain jacket for our boy. But it is good to let him experience. 
After 15 mins of the boat ride, we reach the jetty of Mr Bodui, my friends will be staying at his homestay, while I will do camping.
Its another 15 mins hike up all the way to the homestay, so my first round its to carry my boy and accompany my wife to reach the homestay after that I will come down again to get my tent and the backpack. 

I have no hands to record any video or photos, it rains a bit, and my son is enjoying it. I'm so happy about that. 

Nowadays there are so many other homestays nearby, where they don't allow me to camp at the empty space near their house anymore. So luckily Bodui builds this bamboo platform next to his house, so my friend and I set up our tent and camp there. 


Ervinna is my neighbour, she is using a Naturehike brand single person tent, which I found it very convenient and easy to bring. Mine is a 3 person tent from Decathlon, and the weight it is around 3kg. 


Bodui builds a very nice space in front of his homestay, this allows us to hang out there, and enjoy the view.

It was still dry at our place, but we can see pouring starts from the mountain range on the further end there. 

We had a very nice dinner, traditional Bidayuh cooking. After dinner, we drink tea, coffee, and chit chat with Bodui. 

Sleeping time for my boy is around 8.30pm - 9pm. At first, he is actively moving around in the tent, after all his energy drain, he then slowly fall asleep next to his mum, while holding my hand.

The next morning, I boil water to make some milo for my boy and wife. Also cooked instant noodles for them as breakfast. 

Capture some timelapse photos, this can be seen in my video.  http://youtube.com/wilsonchin


There are cats, dogs and chicken running around the homestay.

The beautiful morning scene and my cute little boy.

My wife is enjoying a good view while having her morning drinks.

Time for some droning

So many waterfalls can be seen on that river.




Next, we visit Pean Waterfall a.k.a curtain waterfall.


Look like my boy is enjoying the hike too.


My boy and I crossing one of the bamboos bridge

Here we are, the curtain waterfall. 


After spending more than an hour at the waterfall, it is then time for us to go back home.
After all the adventure, it also drains all my boy energy, as he immediately falls asleep at the waterfall there, I will need to carry him because it is very muddy, let's go...


He is then awake after the boat starts, and it slowly started to rain again, so we quickly dress him up in his rain jacket again. 

More adventure in future for my family and me.
Thank you for reading

Comments

Bamboo chicken said…
Wow Mr Wilson, you so very fit can carry your son. And you say 15 up the Bodui trail and you went down again to amik your barang..wow..
The first n last time i did that took me 3 days to reach the top, just kidding:-)), it took me over an hour or more! I just want to try it myself
Wilson Chin said…
Bamboo chicken, it was two years ago, now I'm old and slow already,and my boy is heavier now. Is a short trail from the boat to homestay, good workout.

Popular posts from this blog

Singai Mountain Climb Information by Borneo Explorer

The Bung Jagoi Heritage Centre Hike and the Bung Tesen Peak Viewpoint

Bung Bratak Heritage Centre and Waterfall Hike

Your Hiking Guide to Bukit Kasut at Niah National Park

Camping at Pugu Beach Lundu Kuching

Climbing Mountain Singai