Blog Archive

The Limestone Mountain at the Sarawak/Kalimantan Border

Is a hot weekend, together with two hiking friends we venture into the Sarawak Kalimantan border this time to explore the limestone area, the area there has a rather 'young' limestone, as the cave system is not as big and deep compares to the one I visited previously.  (Totally Exciting BE Document Unik placeK)

The river that flows from the mountain has become yellowish because of the mineral in the water, which can be seen when we walk through it, its a pity as before this place was planted with oil palms, the river was crystal clear, it has fishes in the water and also water plants. 



I flew my drone here to get a good view of the whole place, I got too excited and too confident and did not check the nearby mountain formation till I crash my drone on the mountain while shooting the other by flying vertically :( 




Interesting tree bark/vine 




Notice the limestone cave system is not as complex, deep, or huge as the previous one I visited. It might need another millions more years for it to slowly develop into a big one. 

1°07'26.2"N 110°26'02.2"E

 

No comments: