Blog Archive

Five Days at Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. Ate noodles most of the time

I spend a total of 5 days at Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. Not for holiday but work, so no sightseeing, no visit to island, no Mount Kinabalu, no hot chicks, just eat, talk to people, eat again, and talk to people again. My friend bring me to this “Foh Chuan Restaurant” here is famous of the roasted meat, and the noodles. I’ve tried the noodles, and I like it. The girls that came to take our order looks same like the others in the restaurant, this might be operate by only one family. And they have really nice looking daughter.

01

02

03

04

The weather at Kota Kinabalu were warm, I went to a small town called Tuaran. A one hours of car drive from Kota Kinabalu town to Tuaran, most of the resident there are Malays and the natives people. After finish work, my friend introduces me to the famous Tuaran Noodles. “Bak Kut Teh King Restaurant” is one of the places that serve the best Tuaran Noodles. There are two type of flavor I can choose for, one are purely barbeque port meat, and one are mixed with steam chicken and port meat, I op for the mixed one. I don’t know what they put inside the noodles, but it really tasted good :)

05

06

07

08

09

Kota Kinabalu waterfront unlike Kuching waterfront where just serve some light food like french fried, teh tarik, or bugger. Here they have a lot tourist, the Kinabalu waterfront are build on top of the seaside, it has breeze constantly blowing, and the sound where the sea water hit the shore. Big screen projector to watch football, very good looking tourist, and locals. Nice cars parked outside the waterfront, some more we had to pay when enter the waterfront.

10

11

12

13

“Wan Wan Restaurant” is another restaurant which is famous for its unique fish made noodles, fish balls, and their home made chili. The Chili is damn hot and spicy, I can’t take spicy food, but again I don’t know what they put inside the chili, even a person like me would like to take this spicy chili. The main course is this very big bowl of fish soup, in the soup are fish made noodles, fish balls, and fresh fish meat. You can’t take away the chili, if you’ve finish yours, you can request for more.

14

15

16

17

18

My last day at Kota Kinabalu, just few hours before I board my plane back Kuching. I went to this “Jia Siang Restaurant”, most of the workers here are Philippines, but they can speck simple Malays. The famous dish here is the meat balls soup serves with soya noodles. And the soup goes well with their homemade chili, here unlike “Wan Wan Restaurant” the chili is for sales. I like the meat balls, it taste great.

19

20

21

22

23

No comments: