Mount Kanyi 3 days 2 night Exploration with Wilson Chin 刊亦山三天两夜登山冒险记








The guide (middle) who lead our team up, his name is Nelson.
中间的那位是我们的向导,叫尼尔森。


Wilson Chin (me) and the Sarawak/Indonesia border stone
我站在砂劳越与印尼的边界石旁

Borneo Hunter!!!
婆罗洲猎人

Our base camp, stayed here for 2 night. Heavy downpour cause the water to flow forwards my tent, and wet. Can't really sleep at night, one my tent is wet, second very cold. The temp is around 20 degree, and we can see vapor sometime when we talk.
这是我们的大本营,我们在这里住了三天两夜。一直下大雨,我的帐篷内都进水了,潮湿并且冷。两晚都没睡好。当时的气温大概廿度,讲话时可以看见气温喷出来😧💨

THE WHOLE JOURNEY TOOK 3 DAYS
=================================
Day 1, hike from village to basecamp, 4 hour. We build camp there, and start to cook for dinner.
Day 2, hike from base camp to Kanyi summit, 2 hours 45mins to reach the summit, temp around 19 degree.1574 m above sea level. Stayed there for 1/2 hour and decent again.
Day 3, Pack our stuff, and hike about 3hours 30mins to reach the village, and go back Kuching.

AFTER THE HIKE
=================
Mount Kanyi is the tallest peak in western Sarawak, above 1500m elevation. And the mount I climed is called the Berumput Mount range.

During my decent, I'm carrying the same amount of stuff, my clothes, and tent. But it add in more weight because all the stuff are wet. So due to the heavy backpack, my left knee are extremely painful, and I hope its not a permanent injury, cause still a lot of mount waiting for me to concur. 

Over I had fun in this trip, a lot of leach bites, nearly bitten by poison snake, wet and chilling weather, vapor from pee and breath, what a jorney. My dear reader, please stay tune for my next adventure, until then see you in my next post. 

Cheers :)

三天两夜的登山冒险记
====================
第一天:四小时,从村庄步行到大本营。我们在那里扎营过夜,吃晚餐。
第二天:两小时四十五分,大本营到攻顶。山顶气温十九度。海拔1574米。我们大概待了半个小时,就开始下山了。
第三天:开始收拾,然后步行三小时回到起点。

后记
=====
刊亦山峰是砂劳越西部最高点,海拔1500米。位于草山山脉的其中一个山峰。当我下山时,我的行李比我上山时重了一些,因为这俩天的连夜雨把行李都弄湿了。

就是背了这样的重量,我的右膝盖非常的痛,我希望这不是永久性的伤,我还有很多山要爬的。

这里也是被很多的山蛭咬,伤口到处都是。也差点被毒蛇咬 😦
天气很潮湿,很冷。开口说话可以有蒸汽,小便也是有蒸汽。。哈哈哈。很难忘的探险活动。

Comments

Unknown said…
What's up Wilson! Love your stories and it feels good to find someone who is hungry to explore our backyard. I'm doing the same initiative to document the less visited hidden gems of Sarawak and I'm starting around Kch - Bau area.

I would really love to join your Gunung Rumput Expedition. I've been on an expedition to Mt Kanyi on October 2016 but it was unintentional since the original plan was to go for Mt Rumput but somehow the guide tricked us saying that Mt Kanyi is actually Mt Rumput (We found out later when the ranger at Forestry camp explained to us the real location)

Let me know if there's an extra slot for a hungry adventurer like me. Thanks!
Wilson Chin said…
Hello Abbie, ok sure will do.
I hope to visit mount Berumput this year 2017. Will update you soon...
SAMSUNG said…
Wilson Chin , I seldom heard the Mount Kanyi. Could you tell me the location ?
Wilson Chin said…
Hi Samsung, the location is in this blog post, at my GPS record. Please have a look there.
Cheers,
SAMSUNG said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
SrB said…
Do you have any plan for this saturday 19th May'18? I would love to join you..

Popular posts from this blog

The Bung Jagoi Heritage Centre Hike and the Bung Tesen Peak Viewpoint

Singai Mountain Climb Information by Borneo Explorer

Your Hiking Guide to Bukit Kasut at Niah National Park

Bung Bratak Heritage Centre and Waterfall Hike

Camping at Pugu Beach Lundu Kuching

the Japanese War Monument at Batu Lintang Kuching